Friday, March 28, 2014

I need you! (click to help!)

Hello again. Previously, I've just been posting planetaryscience-related articles, but now I need you to help me with something!

For a while, I've noticed that there's no central, easily-navigable database on comets for people to browse, and if there is one, it's not seen very often. So, I've decided to start working on a 'list of comets by type' on Wikipedia. I've made good progress, getting up to C/1913 R1 as of now, but the progress is continuing slowly, and I'll need your help to help me compile the list!

Here's how you can help:


First, no Wikipedia account is required, but one would be required to receive recognition for it. Minimal HTML experience is required, along with being able to follow basic rules and guidelines:

First of all, I'm getting my work from the JPL Small-Body Database Browser, searching for comets using the search term "C/19*" to search for every non-periodic comet found in 1900. But how do you work?

Well, Here is my main workplace, full of unfinished projects that I should really get around to. Just go start editing the table there, and I'll give some guidelines if you still need help there. Thanks for the help!

I'll be posting about the final 'rings' post on the weekend, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment